The Account Manager at Signal Theory is responsible for building relationships with clients at various levels, as well as helping to define strategies and lead tactical executions. The Account Manager reports to the Account Supervisor and works directly with a client-centered team.
- Build, maintain and grow positive relationships with clients by serving as the client’s primary contact
- Lead communications with the client and team in an efficient, effective and collaborative manner
- Mitigate difficult client and internal conversations as necessary while keeping the relationship intact
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of the client’s industry and products, business and communication objectives, competitive landscape, and distills knowledge to others on the team
- Lead the client through setting clear expectations in collaboration with the team
- Bring clients proactive ideas, initiatives and solutions to meet client business needs
- Collaborate with brand strategist(s) to translate ideas and insights into creative and tactical deliverables in collaboration with other team members
- Understand, utilize and engage all established processes and disciplines to deliver great work
- Develop project briefs in collaboration with agency strategy and clients
- Review work based on project brief adherence, proper product mentions, mandatories, production specs, legal requirements, etc. with a heightened attention to detail
- Supervise and guide the development of the Coordinator- or Associate-level account persons on the team, if roles exist.
- Recognize when to verbalize red flags associated with client communications or issues related to project budgets, timelines, accuracy or barriers to producing great work
- Respect deadlines and process while being open and flexible to new approaches
- Excel at presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of digital campaigns and projects
- Recognize upsell opportunities and successfully discuss and sell-in additional Signal Theory services
- Lead the team to outcomes in line with client objectives and strategies
The requirements and experience of the Account Manager are:
- 3-6 years relevant or agency experience, preferred experience with agriculture account
- Bachelor’s degree required; marketing or communications emphasis preferred
- Demonstrates Signal Theory’s 5 signals of culture
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.APPLY NOW