The Account Supervisor at Signal Theory is responsible for knowing the client’s business, including sales/profit goals, KPIs, financials and business strategies – and educating the team on what makes the client successful. This person is also responsible for managing client profitability and contributing to team profitability. The Account Supervisor reports to the Account Director and works with all disciplines throughout the agency to deliver remarkable work and guide the professional development of the team. Working collaboratively with leadership, this individual will understand and set expectations for best practices and experience for the client, encouraging team growth and development through goal-setting strategies.
The Account Supervisor will:
- Engage with the most senior-level clients to develop relationships based on knowledge, trust and communication style.
- Build, maintain and grow positive relationships with clients that lead to business retention and organic growth.
- Lead the client through setting clear expectations in collaboration with the team.
- Mitigate difficult client and internal conversations as necessary while keeping relationships intact.
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of the client’s industry, products, business and communication objectives, and competitive landscape, and distill knowledge to others on the team to facilitate action.
- Be the team leader in knowledge and action. Seek and share knowledge to empower others. Act as a leader when with the client and with the agency team. Participate openly and confidently in client meetings. Be confident and smart.
- Possess a superior knowledge of the agency’s business and capabilities in order to bring clients proactive ideas, initiatives and solutions and to exceed client expectations.
- Understand, utilize and engage all established processes and disciplines and ensure the team is mastering the same.
- Develop or review project/creative briefs in collaboration with agency strategy and clients.
- Review work based on project brief adherence, proper product mentions, mandatories, production specs, legal requirements, etc., with heightened attention to detail.
- Manage team profitability, and identify and lead opportunities to increase client support and agency revenue.
- Proactively engage Account Director and agency leadership to ensure appropriate awareness of client and team business priorities.
- Participate openly and confidently in client and internal meetings.
- Respect deadlines and process while being open and flexible to new approaches.
- Exhibit exceptional presentation and communication skills and be able to teach others to be remarkable verbal and written communicators.
- Lead team and individual goal-setting and ensure accountability to those goals.
- Possess advanced knowledge of digital campaigns and projects.
- Be a successful, connected manager who motivates members of his/her team to deliver their best and guide professional growth plans for all direct reports.
The requirements and experience of the Account Supervisor are:
- Five to eight years of relevant or agency experience.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; marketing or communications emphasis preferred.
- Demonstrates Signal Theory’s 5 Signals of Culture.
- Experience leading teams and managing people is required.
- Agriculture or agriculture equipment marketing experience preferred
- This position is Kansas City-based and will include travel [10%].
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to Skillshare to continue honing your craft
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching