Our job at Signal Theory is to help people and brands connect in more meaningful ways through strategically sound creative solutions. To do this, you’ll work with an integrated team of strategists, art directors, copywriters, experience designers, content producers, account leaders, analysts and developers to shape the bigger brand picture for the clients you work with.
An art director at Signal Theory is, above all else, responsible for consistently bringing smart and original thinking to any project paired with an understanding of what makes creative work good or great. It’s vital for an art director to effectively process information and feedback from clients and colleagues. Clear and persuasive articulation of ideas, creative choices and strategic direction are expected.
At Signal Theory, an art director reports to a senior art director or associate creative director and often works alongside a copywriter. An art director should be accomplished in the areas of collaboration, communication, management, technical knowledge and – most importantly – creative thinking.
An art director will:
- Actively participate in group discussions and meetings.
- Work with outside resources (photographers, illustrators, production companies, etc.).
- Eagerly volunteer for any targeted need or opportunity.
- Collaborate well with colleagues – both in and out of the creative discipline – in a positive and inclusive manner.
- Effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Effectively manage their time to meet responsibilities and deadlines.
- Create, organize and help present effective presentations.
- Help guide associate art directors when needed.
- Use the appropriate tools/software to be efficient and effective in their work.
- Pay attention to details.
- Understand differences in digital platforms and can confidently design for them.
- Understand video and broadcast production and can confidently design for them.
- Understand print production and can confidently design for it.
- Be able to explore multiple solutions to any given problem and edit their own work.
The experience an art director will need.
- Applicable, seasoned experience is assumed but not required.
- While a college degree would be welcomed, knowledge and experience is often just as valuable.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.