The Associate Account Director at Signal Theory is responsible for building and maintaining great client relationships and leading a multidisciplinary team at the agency. A successful Associate Account Director is results-focused, understands the client’s and the agency’s business, and works in tandem with leadership to manage both client and team profitability. The Associate Account Director reports to the Senior Director, Account Management, and works with all disciplines throughout the agency to deliver remarkable work and guide the professional development of the team. The Associate Account Director is expected to demonstrate and inspire the highest standard of client service, communication and collaboration.
The Associate Account Director will:
- Own the most senior-level client relationships based on knowledge, trust and communication style.
- Build and maintain senior-level client relationships based on knowledge, trust and confidence.
- Regularly discuss agency performance with clients in order to ensure continuous improvement for the team.
- Challenge the team to bring solutions that tie directly to the client’s business objectives and demonstrate the agency’s core competencies.
- Be a strategic thinker, ask smart questions and lead by example, guiding the team to do the same.
- Maintain a keen awareness of the client relationship and agency work in order to proactively identify and resolve risk situations.
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of the client’s brand(s), product(s), organization structure and general operations and share that information with the multidisciplinary team.
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of the agency’s solutions, processes and best practices across all disciplines.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with co-workers throughout the entire agency and drive the collaborative mentality across the team.
- Build close alignments with agency leaders in all disciplines to ensure the highest level of strategic and creative outcomes for the client.
- Work closely with the finance team to monitor and drive team profitability.
- Lead or support the client scope of work and compensation agreements.
- Proactively engage the Senior Director,Account Management; the Vice President, Account Management; and agency leadership to ensure appropriate awareness of client and team business priorities.
- Be a successful, connected manager who motivates members of his/her team to deliver their best and guide professional growth of all direct reports.
- Proactively identify and pursue growth opportunities for both client and agency business.
The requirements and experience the Associate Account Director should have:
- At least seven years of experience in an agency or relatable client environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; marketing or communications emphasis preferred.
- Demonstrates Signal Theory’s 5 Signals of Culture.
- Must have experience leading teams and managing people.
- Food marketing experience is desired (agency or corporate).
- This position is Kansas City or Wichita -based and may include travel.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.APPLY NOW