Our job at Signal Theory is to help people and brands connect in more meaningful ways through strategically sound creative solutions. To do this, you’ll work with an integrated team of strategists, art directors, copywriters, experience designers, content producers, account leaders, analysts and developers to shape the bigger brand picture for the clients you work with.
Associate art directors at Signal Theory are primarily engaged with the visual aspect of the assignment and have limited industry experience. However, they are still responsible for bringing smart and original thinking to every project. It’s necessary for an associate art director to effectively process information and feedback about their work from colleagues, their manager and clients. An ability to clearly articulate ideas, creative choices and strategic direction – with some direction and supervision – is highly valued.
At Signal Theory, an associate art director reports to a senior art director or associate creative director and often works alongside a copywriter. An associate art director should demonstrate great potential in the areas of collaboration, communication, management, technical knowledge and – most important – creative thinking.
An associate art director will:
- Have a basic understanding of design principles.
- Have a basic understanding of digital platforms and can design for them.
- Have a basic understanding of motion and video production and can design for them.
- Have a basic understanding of print production and can design for it.
- Use the appropriate tools/software to be reasonably efficient and effective in their work.
- Eagerly provide multiple solutions to any given problem.
- Pay attention to the details that matter and deliver error-free work more often than not.
- Be able to participate in group meetings.
- Eagerly volunteer when and wherever help is needed.
- Share and exchange thoughts and ideas with others in a positive and supportive manner.
- Help create and organize presentations.
- Effectively manage their time to meet responsibilities.
- Maintain a portfolio of work to help track their accomplishments and growth.
The experience an associate art director will need.
- While a college degree would be welcomed, knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and imagination can all be just as valuable.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight years, enjoy a four-week paid sabbatical plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.