Associate copywriters help develop the concept and write the words that go in the creative work produced by Signal Theory — with the guidance and direction of a senior copywriter. That creative work could be almost anything print, motion or digital. Most work begins with a brief or other useful info provided by account or strategy teams. The associate copywriter — often working in tandem with an art director — helps imagine and produce the answers to any client challenge. Whether the project is a campaign or a single item, the point should be to create something that has a positive impact on the brand.
For an associate copywriter, here are the basics:
- You have less than three years work experience.
- You are proficient with core Microsoft Office Suite or G Suite tools.
- Words are your friends. And putting them together in interesting ways to make a point is one of your favorite things.
- You have a killer book demonstrating great conceptual thinking and an understanding of headline/visual synergy.
- You have a degree in something loosely related to the English language, like journalism, communications, creative writing, etc.
- You understand and appreciate grammar. And know when to break the rules..
- You’re hungry for juicy opportunities, you’re a quick study, and you play nice with others.
Any associate copywriter should feel the following rings true:
- You pay attention to the details.
- You’re collaborative and work positively with a team.
- You are not afraid to raise your hand to ask a question or toss out a suggestion.
- You welcome feedback and can channel that into your work.
- You have an appreciation for advertising, design and their histories.
- You appreciate excellence in all the elements of advertising — writing, photography, illustration, motion, etc.
- You are eager to learn about your client’s world and develop your own skills.
- You don’t find the notion of a generally fast pace to be disagreeable or concerning.
- You can talk about your work and clearly explain the reasons/inspiration for your choices.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to Skillshare to continue honing your craft.
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.