Our job at Signal Theory is to help people and brands connect in more meaningful ways through strategically sound creative solutions. To do this, you’ll work with an integrated team of strategists, art directors, copywriters, experience designers, content producers, account leaders, analysts and developers to shape the bigger brand picture for the clients you work with.
An associate copywriter at Signal Theory is, above all else, responsible for consistently bringing smart and original thinking to any project. It’s important for an associate copywriter to effectively process information and feedback about their work from colleagues, their manager and clients. With some direction, clear articulation of ideas, creative choices and strategic direction is valued.
At Signal Theory, an associate copywriter reports to a senior copywriter or associate creative director and often works alongside an art director. An associate copywriter should demonstrate great potential in the areas of collaboration, communication, management, technical knowledge and – most importantly – creative thinking.
An associate copywriter will:
- Be able to participate in group meetings.
- Eagerly volunteer when and wherever help is needed.
- Share and exchange thoughts and ideas with others in a positive and supportive manner.
- Help contribute to organized presentations.
- Effectively manage their time to meet responsibilities
- Use the appropriate tools to be reasonably efficient and effective in their work.
- Pay attention to the details that matter and deliver error-free work more often than not.
- Have a good understanding of the English language and appropriate grammar.
- Have a basic understanding of digital platforms and write for them.
- Have a basic understanding of video and broadcast production and write for them.
- Eagerly provide multiple solutions to any given problem.
- Maintain a portfolio of work to help track their accomplishments and growth.
The experience an associate copywriter will need.
- While a college degree would be welcomed, knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and imagination can all be just as valuable.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Texas or Georgia.APPLY NOW