The Associate Media Manager at Signal Theory will work on a variety of accounts with heavy paid social media needs. This position requires an individual who is detail-oriented, organized and able to work in collaboration with teammates and clients to bring to life flawless execution of media plans and buys. The Associate Media Manager reports to the Senior Media Manager and works alongside the remainder of the team.
The Associate Media Manager will:
- Planning and implementation of paid social media campaigns across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Understanding objectives, targeting and optimization opportunities within social media campaigns
- Providing ongoing reporting, analytics and insights to justify media expenditures and tactics
- Development of media strategies, tactics and KPIs that support client marketing initiatives
- Reaching out to media vendors to solicit proposals, negotiate and purchase media
- Day-to-day maintenance of media flowcharts, budgets, media schedules and invoices
- Regular vendor and client communication including proactive outreach to discuss new media opportunities
- Using industry software specific to the media planning and buying discipline
- Keeping current on online marketing technologies and innovations
Candidates should be flexible and able to effectively communicate and manage great relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors. They should also be team-oriented because life is too short to work with people who do not strive to be an integral part of a dynamic team.
The right candidate will know how to sweat the details by accurately managing multiple Microsoft Excel documents while working closely with major media vendors and clients. The position requires strategic thinking and an ability to gather, review and organize large quantities of information in order to make well-informed media purchasing decisions.
The requirements and experience of the Associate Account Manager are:
- 2-3 years of media planning or buying experience at an advertising agency or media seller
- Strong working knowledge and experience with social media platforms
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; journalism, marketing or communications emphasis preferred
- Demonstrates Signal Theory’s 5 signals of culture
- This position is Kansas City-based and may include minimal travel [10%]
Most importantly, we desire someone who is a hard worker, detail-oriented and self-motivated. We seek those who like to take initiative and ownership of their work responsibilities through working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. A sense of humor and enthusiastic personality are also welcome additions.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare to continue honing your craft
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for pre-approved continuing education
- If you stick around for eight whole years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching