The Brand Strategist serves as the primary strategic client contact and is responsible for unearthing and delivering critical insights that guide advertising and marketing communications. This person is responsible for leading the design of the brand strategy for our clients, as well as collaborating with other cross-discipline colleagues to build the firm’s intelligence on our focus industries and relevant science as it relates to Signal Theory. This position reports to the Senior Director, Business & Brand Strategy and works alongside other Brand Strategists, Content Strategists and Data Insights team members.
This role will support the Brand Strategy team in educating and inspiring staff and clients – working with Public Relations, Account Management, Creative and Media disciplines – to deliver resonate work that gets results and is recognized on a local, regional or national level. The person in this role is expected to be self-motivated and highly collaborative. Success for the role will come through success for the team.
The Brand Strategist will:
- Lead: lead a project to generate engagement and collaboration and build successful relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Think strategically: Write compelling creative briefs to help inspire the creative team and provide strategic direction to guide client initiatives. Identify relevant information and organize thoughts that lead to actionable outcomes. Push teams (internal and client-based) out of comfort zones. Engage clients in business issues that range beyond advertising and marketing.
- Present stories: Formulate clear insights, based on available data and relevant observations, and deliver a succinct POV to internal team and clients.
- Manage relationships: Develop and maintain relationships throughout the firm and with client teams.
- Strong communicator: Apply strong written and verbal communication skills to inspire and engage others in strategic dialogue. Effectively communicate ideas and receive feedback through active listening practices to improve outcomes.
- Solve problems: Identify key challenges and use critical thinking to propose solutions that address client business objectives.
The requirements and experience of a Brand Strategist must have include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications
- 5 -8 years of experience in Brand Strategy, Account Planning and creative problem solving
- Animal health, agriculture, food or CPG experience preferred
- Experience in working with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the agency
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills with a strong command of the client subject matter
- The ability to prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines
- Knowledge of database sources (such as Nielsen, MRI and Scarborough)
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching