Our job at Signal Theory is to help people and brands connect in more meaningful ways through strategically sound creative solutions. To do this, you’ll work with an integrated team of strategists, art directors, copywriters, experience designers, content producers, account leaders, analysts and developers to shape the bigger brand picture for the clients you work with.
A copywriter at Signal Theory is, above all else, responsible for consistently bringing smart and original thinking to any project paired with an understanding of what makes creative work good or great. It’s vital for a copywriter to effectively process information and feedback from clients and colleagues. Clear and persuasive articulation of ideas, creative choices and strategic direction is expected.
At Signal Theory, a copywriter reports to a senior copywriter or associate creative director and often works alongside an art director. A copywriter should be accomplished in the areas of collaboration, communication, management, technical knowledge and – most importantly – creative thinking.
Special consideration: Experience with and/or an aptitude for the areas of agriculture, animal health or health care in general is welcome.
A copywriter will:
- Actively participate in group discussions and meetings.
- Work with outside resources (production companies, audio production, talent, etc.).
- Eagerly volunteer for any targeted need or opportunity.
- Collaborate well with colleagues – both in and out of the creative discipline – in a positive and inclusive manner.
- Effectively work independently or as part of a team.
- Effectively manage their time to meet responsibilities and deadlines.
- Help create, organize and present effective presentations and help other team members do the same.
- Help guide associate copywriters when needed.
- Use the appropriate tools to be efficient and effective in their work.
- Pay attention to details.
- Understand differences in digital platforms and confidently write for them.
- Understand video and broadcast production and confidently write for them.
- Maintain a solid working relationship with proofreaders.
- Be able to explore multiple solutions to any given problem and edit their own work.
The experience a copywriter will need.
- Applicable, seasoned experience is assumed but not required.
- While a college degree would be welcomed, knowledge and experience is often just as valuable.
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft.
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer.
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.