The Brand Strategy Director at Signal Theory is responsible for leading the design of brand strategy for clients, as well as collaborating with other cross-discipline Directors to build the agency’s intelligence on industries and relevant science as it relates to Signal Theory. This position reports to the Senior Director of Business and Brand Strategy and works alongside the Data Insights, Comms Strategy and Experience Design teams.
This role will educate and inspire staff and clients – working with PR, Account Management, Creative and Media disciplines to deliver resonate work that gets results, recognized on a local, regional or national level. The person in this role is expected to be relentlessly self-motivated and serially collaborative. Success for the role will come through success for the team.
The Brand Strategy Director will:
- Educate and inspire teams and clients about relevant science on Resonance Branding.
- Grow and manage brand strategy with agency teams and clients across both offices.
- Build relationships with clients and teams across the Signal Theory system.
- Provide an escalation point for client and agency personnel.
- Take strategy work from good to great in all channels.
- Push teams (internal and client-based) out of comfort zones.
- Be a master and serial collaborator – focused on team success and building a strong sense of community
- Work with New Business/PR to get Signal Theory consistently published in prestigious food publications
- Enable, grow and optimistically manage the planning teams – be available and lead by example.
- Engage clients in business issues that range beyond advertising and marketing.
- Split time between primary Signal Theory offices (at least several days a month in non-home office).
- Deliver work on time.
- Be a connected manager, as rated by your team. Make improvements as necessary.
- Demonstrate the qualities outlined and communicated for Director and above:
- Your influence is well beyond a function.
- People follow your lead, no matter what discipline they are in.
- You are responsible for agency-wide efforts.
- You have helped the agency make it to another level of success.
- You exemplify the Five Signals of Culture.
- People respect and adore you.
- You are a teacher and a leader.
- You help the agency be a better place.
- You have successful senior-level client relationships.
- You have demonstrated a calmness in the face of uncertainty.
- You inspire confidence throughout the agency with your actions.
- You have a strategic, forward-thinking focus on the advancement of the agency.
- Personally dedicated to Signal Theory in everything you do.
- You are open and honest
- You are a connected manager, showing vulnerability and availability
- Team player
- Open to BETA
- Problem solver
- Polished presence
- Relationship builder – clients, vendors, employees
The requirements and experience the Brand Strategy Director must have include:
- At least 10 years of experience in brand planning, data insights, and creative problem-solving.
- BS in Mar/Comm or social science required, Masters/Ph.D. in social science field a strong plus.
- Animal Health, food, CPG, related industry or business required.
- Proven experience as a successful, connected manager who motivates his/her team to deliver their best rather than just the most.
- Track record of following our signals of culture a must.
- The ability to prioritize and juggle multiple deadlines
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare to continue honing your craft
- Six flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- If you stick around for eight whole years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching