DIRECTOR OF FIRST IMPRESSIONS
We are seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a positive attitude and a welcoming presence to help keep our Kansas City office running smoothly. Our Director of First Impressions will greet all guests, answer phones and work all the behind the scenes magic to make Signal Theory a welcoming environment for all clients, guests and employees.
If you desire to work in a fun, collaborative environment, value enthusiasm and optimism, are meticulous about creating the best first impression, love meeting people and are happy to help senior leaders with some administrative tasks, then this is the job for you.
- Greeting clients, vendors, guests and prospects in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Responsible for Firm building opening each day, including restocking refrigerators, making coffee, refilling snack baskets, replenishing supplies and unloading dishwashers.
- Answering phone, processing calls to multiple workstations across our Kansas City and Wichita offices and to voicemail.
- Sending FedEx and UPS shipments for all staff members when requested, making sure to attach accurate tracking information including job number and sender’s name. Receiving FedEx and UPS shipments and signing for. Alerting recipient when a FedEx or UPS package has arrived. Delivering to workstation when necessary.
- Processing incoming mail, i.e., sorting by addressed-to name and sending outgoing mail. Opening and date stamping invoices and sending to appropriate business manager or accounting staff in a timely fashion.
- Setting up meetings and lunches as requested by staff. This may include set-up in our main conference rooms and also includes any necessary cleanup after meetings.
- Setting up all-staff meeting space, including ordering and coordinating food catering.
- Maintain the appearance of conference rooms and common areas throughout the workday, including discarding empty cups, cans, etc., pushing chairs back into the table, clearing any leftover trash, etc.
- Disinfect high traffic areas like the front desk, kitchen and large conference rooms multiple times per day.
- Order office supplies for inventory kept in the supply room behind the front desk.
- Arrange for car rentals, K-tag and parking pass checkouts for intra-city travel. Maintain log of car rentals and checkouts, along with job numbers, for reconciling with invoices when they arrive.
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to C-Suite and officers with minimum supervision, including scheduling meetings, screening phone calls when requested, creating and maintaining new business files and other tasks as requested.
- Making business travel arrangements, including airline, hotel and car reservations, along with off-site meeting arrangements as requested by C-Suite, individuals or teams.
- Generate staff phone directories as needed, typically as new staff starts or existing staff departs.
- Assist HR Team as needed with candidate interview scheduling, meeting material prep, etc.
Building Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building management to maintain facility and equipment including interfacing with:
- Coordinate any office-maintenance needs with our Landlord across HVAC, plumbing or electrical issues, etc.
- Security system vendor to maintain up-to-date security system logs, issuing keycards to new employees and eliminating keycards for departing personnel
- Refreshment service vendor to maintain adequate levels of refreshments in building
- Office supply vendors to maintain adequate levels of office supplies
- HVAC contractor for building’s heating and cooling systems
- Plumber for any internal plumbing issues
- Service provider for refrigerator and freezer equipment and ice machine
- Electrician for any electrical needs
- Minimum of three years of similar experience in an established office setting
- Knowledge of multi-line phone systems, as well as proficiency in Google Suite applications
- Must be a self-starter and have experience in working with senior level management.
- Demonstrate the tenants of Signal Theory’s five Signals of Culture
- Required hours: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with a one-hour lunch break
Exceptional benefits include:
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching
- Stock ownership as part of our ESOP retirement plan
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workplace to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
- Kansas City, MO in our Westport office.