Our job at Signal Theory is to help people and brands connect in more meaningful ways through strategically sound creative solutions. To watch and learn how we do this, you’ll work with an integrated team of art directors, copywriters, strategists, experience designers, content producers, account leaders, analysts and developers to shape the bigger brand picture for some of our clients.
An art director intern is paired with a seasoned art director and assigned to one of our focus area teams. They will work closely alongside that art director as well as other creatives (copywriters and art directors) on the team. There will be real work to be done for several of our clients. And the team will look for additional opportunities to provide as broad of an experience as possible.
An art director intern at Signal Theory is responsible for bringing smart and original thinking to any project with direction and encouragement all along the way. It’s important for an art director intern to effectively process information and feedback about their work. Clear articulation of ideas, creative choices and strategic direction is valued. A copywriter intern should embrace curiosity, responsibility, collaboration, optimism and – most importantly – creative thinking.
An art director intern will:
- Be able to participate in group meetings.
- Eagerly volunteer when and wherever help is needed.
- Share and exchange thoughts and ideas with others in a positive and supportive manner.
- Help create and organize presentations.
- Effectively manage their time to meet responsibilities.
- Use the appropriate tools/software in their work.
- Pay attention to the details.
- Have a basic understanding of design principles.
- Eagerly provide multiple solutions to any given problem.
The experience an art director intern will need.
- While appropriate college courses would be welcomed, knowledge, experience, enthusiasm and imagination can all be just as valuable.
Our 2022 summer internship is a paid 10-week program beginning June 1 and continuing through August 12. You’ll be working full time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday and get a firsthand look at how we find the “why” in human behavior. You’ll be supervised, coached and mentored by the best account management experts at the firm. The application deadline is January 31, 2022. Applications and submitted materials will be reviewed by an Internship Review Team and selected applicants will be invited to interview via video call. This internship can be located at either of our offices in Wichita, KS or Kansas City, MO.APPLY NOW