Signal Theory is looking to add a Media Manager to our ever growing team in Kansas City. The Media Manager position will provide opportunities to execute media planning and buying across a variety of channels.
We require an individual who is detail-oriented, organized and able to work in collaboration with teammates to bring to life flawless execution of media plans and buys. The Media Manager will collaborate with and take direction from the Media Director, other Signal Theory Media Managers, Account Managers and Project Managers.
Candidates should be flexible and able to effectively communicate and manage great relationships with clients, co-workers and vendors. They should also be team-oriented because life is too short to work with people who do not strive to be an integral part of a dynamic team.
The right candidate will know how to sweat the details by accurately managing multiple Microsoft Excel documents while working closely with major media vendors and clients. The position requires strategic thinking and an ability to gather, review and organize large quantities of information in order to make well-informed media purchasing decisions.
- Development of media strategies, tactics and KPIs that support client marketing initiatives
- Reaching out to media vendors to solicit proposals, negotiate and purchase media
- Day-to-day maintenance of media flowcharts, budgets, media schedules and invoices
- Providing ongoing reporting, analytics and insights to justify media expenditures and tactics
- Regular vendor and client communication including proactive outreach to discuss new media opportunities
- Using industry software specific to the media planning and buying discipline
- Keeping current on traditional and online marketing technologies and innovations
- Assisting Senior Media Managers with day-to-day workload
We’re looking for someone with 2-4 years of media planning or buying experience at an advertising agency or media seller who has a strong working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel. Those with a bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing or communications are preferred. Candidates with experience in both digital and print media will rise to the top of our list.
Most importantly, we desire someone who is a hard worker, detail-oriented and self-motivated. We seek those who like to take initiative and ownership of their work responsibilities through working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. A sense of humor and enthusiastic personality are also welcome additions to our Signal Theory family.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for pre-approved continuing education
- After eight whole years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.APPLY NOW