The Public Relations Manager at Signal Theory is responsible for the implementation of various earned media/public relations programs, events and campaigns that advance our clients’ strategic goals and build name recognition in key practice areas, industries and markets. As a member of the public relations team, the person in this role is constantly on the lookout to enhance, build and protect the online and offline reputation of its clients and clients’ brands.
The public relations manager is responsible for these core deliverables:
- Ideate and execute day-to-day earned media/PR activities for client accounts
- Understand and utilize brand journalism. Tell journalism-style stories for our clients (and our agency) that make readers want to know more – stories that don’t read like marketing or ad copy.
- Build and maintain editorial calendars for relevant media outlets; proactively identify, pitch and secure stories that advance clients’ brands/business goals.
- Ensure a plan is in place to monitor/track/report on earned/owned media coverage, including online brand sentiment, and other valuable metrics set as priorities per the client/industry. Partner with agency analysts to develop and refine measurement strategies for PR campaigns.
- Create and post content for earned media/owned content, as required by client scope of work.
- Utilize social listening insights to improve/adapt earned and owned content, while working closely with content strategy resources.
- Work with content creation teams or serve as content/community manager in developing editorial content for client social media networks (in the absence of a dedicated content community manager).
- Identify when to involve or recruit influencers or subject matter experts to boost engagement.
- Provide support for crisis communications
- Keep abreast of industry and competitive trends.
- Conduct media and topic research to strengthen media lists/databases; perform media outreach.
- Willingness to travel as dedicated by client and/or company needs.
- Build, maintain and grow positive relationships with clients by serving as a client’s primary contact.
- Lead communications with the client and team in an efficient, effective and collaborative manner.
- Possess superior knowledge and understanding of the client’s industry and products, business and communication objectives, competitive landscape, and distill knowledge to others on the team.
- Bring clients proactive ideas, initiatives and solutions to meet client business needs.
- Understand, utilize and engage all established processes and disciplines to deliver great work.
- Develop project briefs in collaboration with agency strategy and clients.
Desired Qualifications/Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Ideal candidates will have majored in communications, advertising or marketing or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of professional public relations experience in the animal health field.
- Agriculture or other B2B experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to write for various mediums (from 140 characters to long-form articles) and with superb attention to detail.
- Exhibit creativity and resourcefulness.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas or Georgia.APPLY NOW