The Senior Content Strategist at Signal Theory must be knowledgeable in the areas of content strategy, social strategy and communications planning. The Senior Content Strategist works closely with internal teams to create, manage and optimize solution-oriented strategies for content, online as well as IRL and is responsible for presenting strategies to clients, external partners, vendors and agency teams. The Senior Content Strategist reports to the Senior Director, Business & Brand Strategy and will manage and work alongside a Content Strategist.
The Senior Content Strategist is responsible for:
- Develop innovative, solution-oriented, channel-agnostic content strategies that align consumer needs with client business objectives and communicate them to internal teams and clients.
- Manage applicable research and monitoring tools in the discovery phase of content marketing to deliver both proactive and reactive content and engagement recommendations.
- Stay informed on content, social and paid social trends, algorithm changes and tools; educate internal team and clients of important changes.
- Provide content opportunities and recommendations for new business pitches.
- Provide recommendations for content through conversation listening, keyword analyses and social auditing.
- Work with client-focused teams to manage the implementation of content calendars and publishing schedules across owned channels.
- Ensure approved content maintains brand integrity and best practices are properly implemented.
- Collaborate with content creators and other internal teams on creation and programming.
- Report against business objectives and deliver actionable insights to clients to drive evolution of content strategy and campaigns.
- Use alerts and social media tracking tools to gather statistics regarding content readership for individual campaigns.
The requirements and experience the Senior Content Strategist will need to have include:
- 7+ years of direct experience in content strategy development and communications planning.
- Knowledge of consumer research platforms (Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Infegy Atlas or similar) preferred.
- Ambitious in keeping up with the industry and educating on best practices for content marketing to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the agency.
- Proven experience as a successful, connected manager who strives to motivate his/her team to deliver their best rather than just the most
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Flexible work-from-home days each year in addition to your regular PTO. 100% work-from-home during COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Are an equal opportunity employer
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching