The UI Designer at Signal Theory is responsible for owning the user interface design of our clients’ products and marketing efforts. The UI Designer reports to the Creative Director, Experience and works alongside the Experience Designer.
The UI Designer will:
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to define user interface requirements.
- Develop the look and function of websites, apps and other screen-based designs.
- Collaborate closely with developers to bring layouts and interactions to life.
- Make thoughtful design decisions to improve user experience.
- Create original graphics and illustrations.
- Work with Art Directors to improve user interface development firm-wide.
- Stay up to date with design application changes and industry developments.
- Place a high value on critical thinking and strive to design solutions that solve problems for both clients and end-users.
The requirements and experience the UI Designer will need include:
- 2+ years of experience as a UI Designer, Digital Designer or similar role.
- A portfolio of related work.
- Deep knowledge of screen design and prototyping software, including Adobe Suite, Figma, Sketch, InVision, Framer, etc.
- Strong aesthetic sense with the ability to combine various colors, fonts and layouts.
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on multiple team projects.
- Attention to visual details, including interactions.
- Ability to translate static designs into technical requirements for development.
- Knowledge of CSS
- Knowledge of JS animation libraries is a bonus.
- Experience with animation is preferred, but not required.
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft.
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership.
- After one year, reimbursement of up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education.
- After eight whole years, a four-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel.
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
With Signal Theory offices in Kansas City, Mo., and Wichita, Kan., employees are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in and around either city.APPLY NOW